Jobs at AESU
We are an Educational Travel Service and Worldwide Destination Management company, founded in 1977. Our head office is located in Baltimore, MD with satellite and partner offices located worldwide. Our expertise not only lies in college student and young professional trips, graduations tours and young alumni journeys, study abroad and student travel, but also in faculty-led programs worldwide and customized group travel for all ages. Financial expeditions, journeys for board of trustees and high-end donors are also part of our portfolio.
CURRENT JOB LISTINGS:
- AESU – EUROPEAN TOUR MANAGER – EUROPE – SEASONAL -SUMMER 2023
- AESU – TRAVEL COORDINATOR – BALTIMORE, MD – US HEADQUARTERS
AESU – EUROPEAN TOUR MANAGER
SEASONAL – SUMMER 2023
As a Tour Manager you would administer and manage the operation of one of our college “Grad Tour” travel programs through Europe by providing a quality, fun-filled, educational touring experience to all of our participants.
Responsibilities of an AESU tour manager:
- Creating and presenting entertaining, informative and interesting travel commentary to our tour participants
- Handling day-to-day operational tasks
- Making decisions and finding solutions regarding required tour changes, passenger safety issues or unforeseen events
- Listening, understanding and addressing customer needs and issues
- Ability to create and maintain a positive group dynamic
- Exercising the highest standards of ethics and professionalism in all that concerns and may impact customers, suppliers and the organization as a whole
- Communicate and build a relationship with suppliers, regional guides and field experts, industry partners and AESU staff in the U.S.
- Providing feedback on supplier quality throughout your tour destinations
- Meeting or exceeding customer tour rating goals
- Providing accurate and detailed tour accounting of every assigned tour
- Participate constructively in the overall success of the company’s aim
Who AESU is looking for:
Enthusiastic, dedicated, fun people with a real passion for travel and sharing their knowledge. Must be able to keep up with our customers’ age group of 20 to 26, have inspiring personalities and a great sense of humor. If you are looking for a seasonal job on a freelance basis and you are fluent in English and at least one other European language, well-spoken, knowledgeable and personable, this might be an opportunity for you.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Previous experience in leadership positions
- Have an excellent command of English and one or two other European languages (Italian, German, etc.)
- Have exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Have a deep understanding of places, concepts, cultures, art and history
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to communicate well with people from diverse backgrounds
- Have a good sense of orientation
- Have a problem-solving and stress-resistant personality
- Be proficient with email, the internet, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have basic accounting skills
- Availability to work in the months of May and June – preferred
To be considered for this job, applicants must either be an EU national or have the legal right to live and work in the European Union.
What we offer:
You will be part of a fun and knowledgeable team of tour managers creating unforgettable travel experiences. Our cultural immersion programs are exciting and sometimes life-changing for our clients. AESU offers an excellent income opportunity through a combination of base pay plus bonus, commissions and tips. We include training in Vienna, Austria and a training trip depending on your previous experience. During your tour, we include travel to/from tour destination, tour transportation, accommodations, meals, and all tour inclusions.
Have a look at www.aesu.com for sample itineraries and to find out what we are all about. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about our travel programs.
How to get in touch:
If you think that you are a good fit, please send us an email with a short description about what makes you YOU and an impactful statement that highlights your most relevant qualifications that could be applied to the job position. Include your resumé (CV) with a recent photograph that captures your personality best. Email to [email protected]
AESU is very proud of its Tour Managers and not only are we a team, we are like family. Get to know our roster of current Tour Managers.
We are committed to inclusion and belonging across nations, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
AESU – TRAVEL COORDINATOR
BALTIMORE, MD – US HEADQUARTERS
Baltimore, Maryland job listing
Combine your love of travel with an exciting career opportunity at AESU Travel. We are looking for people who are passionate about travel, are innovative thinkers, and genuinely care about helping others discover the world. Check out the current job listings below:
AESU-Baltimore is seeking a group reservations/ticketing agent. This front-line position is the first point of contact for our customers, so excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor are required. Assist passengers with tour and flight reservations, answer questions, and create invoices. Also help with back-office functions including tour planning and document production. Great potential for advancement within the company. Competitive salary & benefits package including generous travel opportunities and discounts. Immediate placement available. Visit our website for company background at www.aesu.com.
Desired Skill and Experience:
Previous experience in the travel industry, great customer service skills and sales motivated required. Min. 2 years travel industry experience, knowledge of Sabre airline reservation system preferred, but not required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required. College degree
For general inquiries, please email cover letter and resumé to: [email protected]